What Exactly Are Minimally Invasive Procedures?
Robotic-assisted minimally invasive cardiac and thoracic procedures avoid the drawbacks of traditional heart surgery, including blood loss, pain and scarring associated with sternotomy. The da Vinci® System offers breakthrough capabilities that enable surgeons to operate through smaller incisions made between the ribs. As a result, the da Vinci Surgical System is changing the practice of cardiac surgery as it’s known today. Data suggests that recovery time, pain and trauma are reduced significantly through this less invasive approach.
Robotic Assisted and Minimally Invasive Procedures performed by Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons Includes:
1. Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement
2. Robotic Mitral Valve Repair
3. Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Replacement
4. Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
5. Tricuspid Valve Repair
6. Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Atrial Septal Defect Repair
7. Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Excision of Intracardiac Tumor
8. Robot Assisted Thoracotomy Surgery